By: Joanna Ellis-Escobar –
Finding the best specials on home theater systems this Black Friday can help you create an entertainment center you and your family will enjoy all year around. Soundbars and streaming video players are among the most popular items on sale this year, but bargains can be had on a wide range of components large and small. With many in-store sales starting on Thanksgiving, turkey and dressing may have to be put on hold to allow shoppers to take advantage of these big-ticket deals.
Soundbars dominate the home theater components offered at Walmart’s Black Friday sale:
- The Vizio 38-inch 2.1 soundbar includes Bluetooth capability and a wireless subwoofer for the low price of $118, while supplies last.
- Sanyo’s 2.0-channel soundbar also features Bluetooth connectivity and will sell for just $35.
- Shoppers can snag the Chromecast streaming media player for $20 in stores only.
- Roku’s Special Edition streaming media player is on sale for $25 during the Black Friday event.
Walmart will open its doors at 6 p.m. Thanksgiving Day and offers a one-hour availability guarantee for advertised items.
Along with an extensive lineup of bargain-priced television sets, Black Friday at Target also features big savings on soundbars and media players:
- A 120-watt 37-inch Samsung 2.1 soundbar with subwoofer and Bluetooth connection will be on sale for $87.99.
- Vizio’s 29-inch 2.0 Bluetooth soundbar will sell for $49.99, a full $30 off its regular list price.
- Target is also taking 25% off all Apple TV streaming video boxes.
Doors open at 6 p.m. on Thursday. Some items will not be available at sale prices until later in the evening, however.
Best Buy’s Doorbusters include speakers, streaming video and receivers:
- All Klipsch Reference speakers and subwoofers will sell for 50% off; this includes a pair of 5 and 1/4-inch speakers for $124.99 and a 300-watt 10-inch powered subwoofer for $174.99. Dual 8-inch floor-standing speakers will also be available at the low price of $224.99.
- Both the Roku SE streaming video box and the Amazon Fire TV stick will be on sale for $24.99 during the Black Friday sale at Best Buy.
- Onkyo’s 805-watt 7.1 channel 4K ultra HD and 3-D pass-through home theater receiver will sell for $249.99, a savings of $150 over regular list price.
- Best Buy is also offering an Insignia Bluetooth soundbar for $49.99.
Best Buy’s doors will open at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day.
For those who prefer to kick back and surf the net rather than fighting the crowds on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday, Amazon.com offers an alternative access point for home theater shoppers. While the actual deals will be revealed online during the course of Thanksgiving week, here are some of the reported sales prices for key components and equipment:
- Amazon will take $25 off Amazon Fire TV boxes and $15 off its line of Fire TV Stick streaming media devices.
- Denon HEOS1 wireless speakers will sell for 25 % off their list prices.
- SONOS two-room streaming music starter sets will also be available for $49 off regular prices.
- The Vizio 38-inch 2.1 soundbar will be on sale for $79.99.
- com will take 40 percent off the regular price of Polk Audio Omni S2 wireless speakers.
Limited quantities of these products will be available. Some items will only be offered to those with the Amazon Mobile App.
A little careful planning can go a long way toward making Black Friday a shopping success. By determining which items are must-haves for the upcoming holiday season and scheduling your shopping accordingly, you can snag the best deals on the hottest brands this year to make your home theater system the hot spot in the neighborhood.
Looking for help or guidance with your home theater installation? Check out Home Theater MD today to schedule your in-home consultation.